#BREAKING NEWS Gardaí confirm Limerick woman was murdered

first_imgLimerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Previous articleMissing man’s body found in LimerickNext articleOn Aladdin’s magic carpet with Princess Sukiyaki Editor Advertisement TAGSGardaílimerickMichael CurtismurderNew Roadpathologistpost-mortemRose HanrahanSuperintendent Derek Smartthomondgate The late Mrs Rose Hanrahan.Gardaí have confirmed that a murder inquiry is now under way into the death of 78-year-old Limerick woman Rose Hanrahan whose body was found at her home yesterday afternoon.Gardaí upgraded their investigation after Deputy State Pathologist Michael Curtis carried out a post-mortem examination on Mrs Hanrahan’s body this evening.Earlier today, Gardaí received court authority to continue searching Ms Hanrahan’s home at New Road, Thomondgate  for a further 48 hours.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Mrs Hanrahan’s body was discovered in a downstairs room of her home by a relative at around 1.30pm yesterday.Superintendent Derek Smart is briefing media on details of the investigation at   Mayorstone Garda Station.The crime scene at New Road, Thomondgate.Photo: Brendan GleesonMore news here Twitter WhatsApp Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebookcenter_img Print WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Linkedin Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live NewsBreaking news#BREAKING NEWS Gardaí confirm Limerick woman was murderedBy Editor – December 16, 2017 13358 last_img read more

"#BREAKING NEWS Gardaí confirm Limerick woman was murdered"

Kenny Dalglish impressed by new Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp’s attitude

first_img The 48-year-old German addressed the media on Friday morning for the first time since his appointment was confirmed. He described himself as “the normal one” and said he was committed to “full throttle” football – a philosophy he built in seven successful years at Borussia Dortmund before leaving earlier this year. Dalglish, the last manager to bring the league title to Anfield back in 1990 and a winner of six league titles and three European Cups with the Reds as a player, said: “I just heard Klopp’s press conference and he sounds very, very impressive. I think the supporters will need to fasten their seat belts – I’m sure they will really enjoy him. “He seems to be somebody who’s not in love with himself, which the Liverpool supporters can relate to. I’m sure they will take him to their hearts. He’s described himself as ‘the normal one’ and that will do them fine because they regard themselves as being pretty normal. “I don’t know him – I’ve only seen snippets on TV or radio but he came across very, very well this morning and I think that augurs well for everybody.” Klopp’s reign begins with a difficult trip to Tottenham a week on Saturday, followed by home outings against Rubin Kazan and Southampton in the Europa League and Premier League respectively. Dalglish added: “He’s got off to a fantastic start but it’s a really difficult run of games coming up and I’m sure, as he said this morning, he is going to work as hard as anybody else and if everybody works together it’s not rocket science – (if) everybody works together you’ve got a much better chance of success.” Kenny Dalglish has advised Liverpool supporters to “fasten their seat belts” for life under new Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

"Kenny Dalglish impressed by new Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp’s attitude"

Sam Johnson: Dujkovic was influenced to drop me for 2006 World Cup

first_imgEx Ghana international Sam Johnson has also revealed to Joy Sports he would have made the squad that played at the 2006 FIFA World Cup finals.But the former Kayserispor player claimed some persons at the Ghana FA influenced then head Coach Ratormir Djukovic to drop him.This revelation comes after that of another ex-international Mohammed Gargo stated that he, Johnson and Augustine Ahinful could have played for Ghana in Germany but for their refusal to pay monies to some persons at the Ghana FA.“The coach (Ratormir Djukovic) came to meet me in Turkey and I told him that I was ready to play in any position after he told me he had plans to use me as left back at the 2006 World Cup,” Johnson told Joy sports“After a successful meeting with the coach in Turkey, he came to Ghana and reported that I said I can’t play left back because he wants a left full back but I know the coach was influenced to say that because there was no way he could have reported that after the meeting between us.”Sam Johnson and Mohammed Gargo in their separate revelations have failed to mention names of those impersonators at the Ghana FA.last_img read more

"Sam Johnson: Dujkovic was influenced to drop me for 2006 World Cup"